Free In-Person Tax Preparation
- Available to households making less than $58,000
- First you’ll schedule your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment one of our VITA volunteers will meet with you and prepare your return. Your completed return will be available for pickup at our office in 5-7 business days after your appointment to allow for accuracy checks.
- Available TBA
CHECK BACK SOON FOR 2022 DATES AND INFORMATION
Looking for additional information?
File Online for Free
- Want to do your own taxes?
- All income levels are eligible to file both your federal and state returns for FREE!
- Safe, easy, secure
- Powered by TaxSlayer software
Not in our coverage area?
Find Other Free Tax Prep Sites Around West Virginia
WHAT TO BRING
- Social Security card for you, your spouse and any dependents
- Photo ID for yourself and your spouse, if filing jointly
- Income and expense documentation (W-2, 1099, Social Security Benefit Statement, etc) for the previous year
- Copies of the previous year’s federal and state tax returns, if available
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit (a voided check is acceptable)
Your spouse must be present to sign required forms if filing jointly.
OUT OF SCOPE RETURNS
Our tax preparers are certified to prepare a variety of tax returns, including Schedule Cs, itemized returns, and Schedule Ds. However, due to IRS regulations for VITA sites, we are unable to prepare tax returns with the following characteristics:
- Rental property income or expenses
- Minister tax returns with parsonage/housing allowance
- Taxpayers with dual citizenship
- Schedule C with:
- Business use of home
- Net losses
- Expenses for employees or contract labor
- Cost of goods sold (inventory)
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a refundable tax credit for low to moderate income working individuals and couples, particularly those with children. Through its VITA program, United Way is working to help all families receive what they are due. In addition to being a financial boost for working people, the EITC boosts the local economy. Research has shown that the EITC encourages work, reduces poverty and leads to long-term gains in child health and academic success.
Elisha Rush, Program Manager
304-366-4550, Ext. 106